6.06.2010

My Gluten Free Heaven

I feel like the luckiest gluten free girl in the world. Why? Because I live minutes away from the famed Bob's Red Mill!! I can just waltz right into their cafe and store whenever I need a cup of gluten free all-purpose flour or a dash of xantham gum. If you feel slightly jealous about this... well you should. They sell almost everything in bulk and it costs way less than buying everything pre-packaged. They also have aisles of their products packaged or in cases and carry other great gluten free products!

There are two more reasons I love my neighborhood visits to Bob's Red Mill. The first is that they have an amazing cafe. They have freshly baked bread, muffins, chips and more. They also serve daily soup, sandwhiches and have an awesome breakfast. They have a vegetarian menu (with vegan options) and a handout for gluten free cafe items. My personal favorite? The grilled cheese with tomato. It's made on fresh gluten free, vegan bread with warmed slices of tomato and daiya cheese (your choice of cheddar or italian). It tastes ridicously good. But I will warn you that they also mention the possibility of cross contamination when I order. I have never had an issue, but others might.

Lastly, I love visiting the mill because "the man, the myth, the legend", also known as Bob (but I refer calling him the former or simply "Bob Red-Mill"), is often there! Almost every time I go there, I see Bob walking around, talking to customers or employees or even eating at the cafe.

So anyway, this post was just about the awesomeness that is Bob's Red Mill. If you live near Milwaukie, Oregon - then you know how lucky you are! If not, you are still lucky because you can buy these products in many different stores or online (bobsredmill.com)!

MmmmMmmm. Gluten free goodness.


Here I am enjoying breakfast at Bob's Red Mill with friends! And look, Bob was sitting in the table behind ours!

No comments:

Post a Comment